Introduction to the Asian Parliamentary Format
Here are things you will need to learn about the Asian Parliamentary debate format. 1. General Introduction to the format
- General features of the format, namely the Teams and Speaking Order, Timing, Points of Information and Reply Speeches
- The 3 main responsibilities, to Define and Set-Up the Debate, to Present the Team Position and Case and to Make 1 or 2 Arguments.
- This speaker should Respond to the Definition and Set-up, Present the Opposition Case and Position, Rebut the PM's Case and Make 1 or 2 Arguments
- Deputy speakers must defend their Team Case, Attack the Case of their Opponents and Make 1 or 2 new arguments
- Whip speakers should briefly summarize their team's case, summarize and prioritize the most important issues in the debate, and then rebut and analyze those issues
- Replies tell every what the debate is about, summarize the position of both teams and then compare those positions and tell you why their team wins!